This virtual march is primarily for those who identify as prisoners and or disabled to upload (or send) posts, as the mission of this virtual march is to highlight the intersection between incarceration and disability. For example, we acknowledge many forms of imprisonment (e.g. disabled people may be incarcerated in prisons, nursing homes, psychiatric facilities etc.) and also that the school-to-prison pipeline flows right through special education services. However we also welcome stories from family members and especially children of those affected.
A few details:
- Entries will not be edited for clarity, grammar, etc.
- We reserve the right to delete any entries that contain profanity or what we consider to be hateful or harmful speech because we want to keep this effort accessible for our community.
- If you need accommodations or have questions you may contact email@example.com.
To participate in the virtual march, please fill out the form below.
- Include your name (either real or an alias, either is fine).
- Your email is optional, not required.
- A title for your post (required)
- An anti-spam question. Just type “2” in that box to answer the question.
- Your text: personal statement about why you are marching. End with a description of the picture you will send: “A smiling brown haired woman wearing red glasses and holding a grilled cheese sandwich.”
- A picture: Please attach a photo (does not have to be of your face, can be any image that you choose). Click on “Upload Image” and then attach the image from your computer that you want to include.